You like to keep it real. You love to adventure with your bestie / love-of-your-life (and maybe your fur babies, too). Hiking, camping, kayaking, snowboarding, trees, flowers, lakes, rivers, beaches, mountains, Seasons, beautiful places - you LOVE nature, and you want your engagement & wedding to reflect that. Not just nature, but NATURAL. You value authenticity. True-to-life color. REAL emotions. Making ACTUAL memories instead of just posing all day.
At the same time, you know you want breathtaking, quintessential portraits to hang on the wall - but nothing too stiff and posed. No fake stuff. You like the candid stuff - the REAL stuff. Photojournalism with guidance - a.k.a. lifestyle. You need to be (gently) guided - you need a photographer & videographer who have experience and know what they're doing, who have an artistic eye and all-professional equipment - but you aren't there just to be somebody's model. Yes, you want your images & video to be GORGEOUS, but still - true to you. You feel that real moments are far better than any "perfectly posed" portrait or a "perfect" wedding film.
That's because, most of all, at the end of the day, you want to actually enjoy your time together. You appreciate tips and ideas from the pros, but it's your day - you want to do it your way. You want to be comfortable with your photo-video team and need to trust them to capture everything - but you also want to feel like y'all are just good friends hanging out. Or course, a lot of the time, you forget they're even there, because you're just having such a great time with one another, your family, and your friends - while your photo-video buddies are discreetly capturing every moment, from the best angles, to tell your true story.
Then, you end up with so many amazing, emotional images that you didn't even realize they captured. Authentic, yet artistic. Naturally yet colorfully edited with some awesome, photojournalistic black-and-whites peppered in. TIMELESS.
And your wedding video? It just makes you cry! Ugh! These memories!!!! You could just watch it over and over, and you just can't wait to share it with EVERY one!!!!
We've shot around 200 weddings as candid, photojournalistic photographers since 2014. But, we got tired of videographers making our CANDID couples POSE over and over and over - when we KNEW they just wanted to keep it real.
So, in 2022, we started offering hybrid photo-video coverage, so we could help our couples ACTUALLY enjoy their day. Like, we don't make the groom put the jacket on twice ("once for photo and once for video" - come on!). Our couples pose when THEY want to, and DON'T when they DON'T.
what our awesome clients say
what our awesome clients say
“I don't even know where to begin with these two! ... let me say, Rachel and Mark were my dream team! They were very professional, fun and upbeat! ... They were able to truly see us, and have all the emotion come through the photos, the laughs, the tears, the nerves... you name it! So if you're looking for your dream team, call them! Book them! The outcome of it will amaze you and you'll have a lifetime of memories to last forever!”
meet rachel fawn reynolds
Rachel's passion is in capturing authentic, true-to-life moments while also crafting gorgeous, wall-worthy portraits you'll be proud to hang in your home.
- Rachel was born and grew up in San Diego county.
- She started shooting on film when she was 12.
- Now shooting digital, she captures over 1,000 images per hour in silent burst as a photojournalist obsessed with every moment.
- She's a classically trained soprano! She dropped out of college just shy of double bachelors' degrees in English and Music to start her photography business - but, she sings in the choir at church and leads the congregation in singing hymns during sacrament meeting (and, well, she's trying to blog more).
- She LOVES her hubby and kids.
- She also LOVES to adventure, explore and have fun. She'll step into a river, climb a tree, lay in the dirt, or get inside some bushes for a shot!
Meet Mark Reynolds
Mark loves photographing and filming authentic moments, especially when it calls for an adventure! Any chance to whip out the drone - he'll take it!
- Mark is an avid snowboarder. He'll go 60 mph whenever he gets the chance.
- He plays the drums for the local church worship team - as loudly as possible.
- He's a big outdoors guy. Camping, hiking & bbq-ing (outdoors AND meat = BONUS).
- He's a licensed officiant and can officiate elopements.
- He's a wonderful husband to Rachel as well as father to their 4 kids (oh, and, fur daddy to the 3 dogs & 2 cats)!